Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do I file taxes for my husband if he did not work last year and did not have any reportable income?

He was able to take a year off, and work on the house. So I am not sure if I need to claim him somehow or if he needs to file anything at all.How do I file taxes for my husband if he did not work last year and did not have any reportable income?
He is a spouse with no income, nothing unusual. File a joint return with him, to take advantage of the increased standard deduction, plus his exemption.How do I file taxes for my husband if he did not work last year and did not have any reportable income?
He may be considered a dependant for that year. Be sure to ask your tax preparer. Under certain circumstances if you make more money than the other adult in the home they can be claimed as a dependant.
File as normal and take advantage of the tax breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment