Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to deal with a grown husband playing video games everyday for more than 5 hours?

Do u just let them play for 5 hours?


Do u just scream at them for them to stop?


Do u just cry and begged them to stop playing?


Do u just destroyed there video games?


Do u just join them and watch them play for 5 hours?








What would u do?How to deal with a grown husband playing video games everyday for more than 5 hours?
Get a games console for yourself and keep busy. Or get dressed up and go out with your friends. He's doing his own thing, you should do your own thing then watch how he starts looking for u, and wondering why your not nagging him, and where u are and what your doing and how he starts nagging you to spend time with him. Lol





5 hours is a bit much, if he still doesnt look out for you afterwards, then maybe you need to wonder why he isnt bothered about spending time with you.How to deal with a grown husband playing video games everyday for more than 5 hours?
Apparently, he is trying to escape from something or just loves video games. I grew up with them and still love playing them(I'm 24). My wife doesn't mind me playing them but I am responsible about it. I usually play a little bit every couple of days after everything is taken care of. So I understand where guys come from that play video games. Although, 5 hours is way too long everyday especially when you have a wife and responsibilities. First step is to talk to him about it, tell him how you are feeling. Second step is if you have to make a schedule, tell him when he can play...make sure everything around the house is done. Also if you want to play you can. It will give you something to do together. You shouldn't allow this to continue and if he doesn't want to talk about it or cooporate then sadly give him an ultimatium.
Is it so bad that it is affecting his time with you? Some people (myself inculded) really love playing video games, if he is still giving you time, treating you well, working, taking care of his duties then I don't see a problem. Maybe ask him to cut down a little, but don't try to take his games away from him like you are his mommy, it is what he enjoys. Maybe you should try playing games with him. I used to with my ex all the time, and we had a lot of fun.
Did you bother to really get to know this guy before you married him? I am not trying to be mean but younger people seem so focused on looks and how cool someone comes across. I had certain rules before I dated a woman that I had intentions of marrying. One of those rules was, no smoking period and I did not care if she had the looks and body of Angelina Jolee. etc. etc. The point I am making is you must set standards for yourself and go from there, not mine or anyone else's standards but yours. By setting standards you can deal with this problem better.





The bottom line is you married a child now he must either grow up or let him know you are going out to find a real man and if he does not budge from that game then you know your destiny.
Personally I'd talk to him and let him know that 5 hours is a hell of a long time to play video games and that it bothers you. I know he loves his games, but there's a line that needs to be drawn and he needs to spend quality time with you too.





I used to game a lot whilst living with my ex but after she moved country I realised how important that time would've been to us both.





If he doesn't listen to you then he doesn't care enough, but I'd say just make him realise how you feel so things can change.





Make him take you out or something, it'll take his mind off the games and he'll probably really enjoy himself with you!
As a husband who also enjoys video games from time to time. I was once a 5hr a day kinda guy. what slowed me down was i just found new things to do with my time. I can definitely tell you that yelling and treating him like a child is not the answer that, only pissed me off and made me play more, because i felt like im a grown man and for someone to yell at me and tell me what i can or can't do just rubbed me the wrong way. If you have children encourage him to spend more time with them or even buy a NINTENDO Wii which is fun for the whole family, but ultimately he is going to have to take it upon himself to realize he is spending to much time with the video games, i would also say try and take a little interest in what he is doing as well even if you don't like it, it shows him your trying.(that's what my wife did). but like i said eventually i got bored with games
First of all does he have a job? If so, then I would be glad it wasn't an addiction to drugs or alcohol... or other women ; ) A lot of men are couch potatoes so actually the difference between the two isn't really all that much. I am not defending his behavior because I know there is a real addiction to video games. I guess it comes down to what in your home is being neglected , if anything, and what you are willing to put up with. The choice is yours. If you aren't happy he needs to be willing to get help or deal with your consequences.
ok from the guys standpoint games are addictive we like to play them they occupy our time when we are bored and are given nothing else to do once you get into a game you dont really want to put it down cause you want the satisfaction of beating it and the worst mistake u can make is getting rid of the games cause that would be like getting rid of your 500 prada purse (if u had 1) it might help to jump in every now and then to show him your ok with it i suggest guitar hero games try dance dance revolution its a great game to have fun with some 1 else dive in and try then he might be wiling to try some of your things that you would like to do but there is no cure for being a game addict and these ppl on here saying get rid of him cause he plays games is just wrong you love him thats why you married him you cant get it to stop but you can get it to slow down to maybe 3 hours or so but it will get better
My husband plays a lot of video games. He's got weird hours at work, and I think he plays a lot during the day when I'm not home. He also plays in the evenings. Sometimes I sit with him and I play on my DS. Or I read, or watch tv. We have 2 tvs, one for video games, and the other one to watch at the same time. That way at least we get to spend time together when we are both too lazy to get up and do anything else. Sometimes I'll say Let's go for a walk! And he agrees. We have friends in this same position. They're all the same age (early 30s) and still addicted to these games. But there are worse things they could be doing, so I try not to sweat it too much. :)
Your lucky it's only 5 hours. Really, I've done everything. I've talked to him, I've yelled at him, I've put a password on his computer, I've disconnected the power supply, I've cried, I've went off without him. But my hubby has a serious addiction to computers. Like he goes to it for all his 'emotional' needs (games, social contact, sex) My next step is to make him get counseling or I'll leave him.
given your questions there i can see why he distracts himself with games...so what is he supposed to be doing for those 5 hours, showering you with his undivided attention? unless you have kids i dont see the problem here, he has a hobby perhaps you should find one as well...what would i do? i would get my own xbox and xbox live account and play my own games
You tell him to choose to be a man or be a boy and play video games. I'll never understand women who choose boys that are addicted to video games - they will NOT change when you marry them. Tell him he needs to pick you or them and if he picks the games, by all means leave him!
If he is neglecting things, then you should talk to him (not scream). If not, what's the harm. Everybody has hobbies and as long as they don't get in the way of your responsibilities, you should be able to do what you want as long as you aren't hurting anyone.
Was this a habit before you got married? If so, other than being a typical woman, what made you think he was going to change his playing habits after saying ';I do.';?





Sadly video games have become an addictive behavior just like alcohol or drugs.
You should explain to him why you don't want him to, and if he wont stop after that I'd go with let them play but then you can just do whatever you want even if he doesn't like it cause he didn't care about your feelings on that.
if it was bothering me that much i would go out make new friends or find a hobby to do for five hrs, if you try to stop them than your a control freak.. so mine as well make the best of it..
Get into some nice lingerie and try to distract him. If it doesn't work, tell him how you feel. If that doesn't work, smash the x-box.





You're probably about 15, but okay.
Just start trying to play with him and enjoy it! ^__^ Maybe when you got together with some hobby he pratices, you'll get even more closer! ^__^
When he wants nookie do something else, like reading, everytime he wants nookie.
No idea how to deal with it but if you find the answer could you please let me know. I have been asking the same question.
try and do something to entertain them, e.g S hag them!


he's clearly bored or he wouldnt be playin video games all day - so entertain him!
Sell their video game system, well i should not be talking since i play for 8 hours a day. :)
It's a substitute for sex. You need to give him five hours of sex every day.
How many hours a day was he playing before you got married?
wtf? he a grown *** man nd you a grown *** women you need to yell at his *** mann he shud leave that shyt bhind
honestly, its an addiction and needs the appropriate counseling.
give him an alternative... that includes you... :D
just offer sex probelem solved
think of something more fun (eg. sex),


then they'll get off of the video game
if ya want him to stop playing video games. have s^x or do something he like
why dont you play too? why is it hurting you so much? just talk to him, hes your husband

No comments:

Post a Comment