Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Where to get help for finding my husband a music teaching position?

Hi all, We currently live in Germany but I can't handle the climate here. Thus I am on my way back to the US. My problem is my husband is a preparatory music teacher, he teaches piano and classical guitar. We are initially going to relocate to the Flagstaff Arizona area. Can someone/anyone anybody, please, please, please give me suggestions or tips for an headhunter/employment agency that could look for him a job. I just spent about 5 hours trying to post his resume on yahoo jobs but the thing would not let me correct anything. Please help I am desperate. Thanks so much.Where to get help for finding my husband a music teaching position?
Try his University placement office.


Select multiple school districts and apply.


If nothing else, sign up with some local music stores to teach - they are always handling out cards and giving lessons there in the stores.Where to get help for finding my husband a music teaching position?
This is not easy.


Your husband has a very limited and specific job field.


It is VERY common for people to have 2-3 completely different careers now. You might have to diversify in the job field by a lot. Meanwhile, stay in the local music scene. He might be able to find a paying job in that field later on but you can't expect to find a music position when schools are cutting that out of the ciriculum now.





Best of luck! :0)
There are some website out there that advertise for teachers. Another option is to figure out what area you would like to live, research about the school districts in that area and then start watching their job openings. Good Luck!
  • becca
  • eye makeup remover
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment