Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do I properly document my husband's behavior to use to file for divorce?

I have not filed for divorce or spoken to an attorney yet, but plan to in the near future. I have been writing down the things he does/doesn't do in a notebook (verbal abuse toward my child and myself, refusal to pay bills, refusal to get treatment for anger management, etc.) to take to an attorney. Is there a proper (or better) way to document this so I can have proof of his actions?





He does this at home, where there are no witnesses other than myself.





I am in West Virginia.How do I properly document my husband's behavior to use to file for divorce?
Being faced with similar in the past, I also kept notebook being sure to mark dates and brief details of incidents. You want to have a track record going to show he has a repeatable dark side to him that should not be exposed to you nor your child. You don't need to write down everything but enough over a period of time that shows this destructive side of him. It's hard to try and record someones rages. He needs help for his problem which is deep rooted but you best step aside as soon as you can for your child's sake and don't let him draw you back into a relationship again no matter what he promises.How do I properly document my husband's behavior to use to file for divorce?
for now, keep a journal. Be as specific as possible when describing anything and give other information like what tv show you were watching at the time or other activity was taking place to help backup the credibility.





When you speak to an attorney, they will tell you if it is even necessary to do it and how. so do not put that off if you are sure it is what you want to do. Or speak to your Pastor if you are not sure what you want to do.One or the other though. Divorce attorneys will never try to get you to reconcile and pastors will Never recommend that you get divorced.





Apparently, he turned out to not be the guy you thought he was, Or you thought you could fix him and it turned out to be a harder job than you figured. Either way, I hate to see marriages fail, because you BOTH gave a ';forever'; promise! That is why I suggested Pastor. SOMEONE needs to remind this guy what He promised to you, and convince him that you intend to break the deal if he does not!
dates times and as much details as possible. also, most divorce attorneys will give a free consultation, take them up on it so you know exactly what you need to be doing.
Just an idea, maybe you can get one of those real small voice recorders that will start recording when sound is picked up, and hide it in the room somewhere.
http://www.divorcemag.com/WV/faq/grounds鈥?/a>





I suggest you read what the grounds for divorce are in West VA. Then proceed from there.
  • becca
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment